* SofaRunIt v1.9 *
* (c) 2017 by NearDark and Louthrax *
SofaRunIt is a MSX tool designed to launch MSX disk images. It is
based on NearDark "RunIt" tool, with many changes and improvements.
* Support for file-based disk images (MSX-DOS and BASIC).
* Support of both concatenated and individual disk images.
* Support for mixed 360KB & 720KB concatenated disk images.
* Keyboard or joystick on the fly disk change.
* On the fly write protection change.
* On the fly user disk creation.
* Up to 20 disk images at the same time.
* Support for games using memory mapper, even if your MSX does
not have memory mapper read-back capabilities.
You are allowed to freely use and distribute SofaRunIt for any
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty. In no event will the author be held liable for any
damages arising from the use of this software.
MSX computer with MSX-DOS 2, and 49152 RAM bytes free on the main
slot. Type "memory" on the MSX-DOS 2 command line to check how
much free RAM you have.
Games using memory mapper (like the translated version of SD
Snatcher or the cracked Konami Game Collections) will require more
Usage: SRI [options] <disk_image> ...
[options] can be one or more of:
/Bx: Boot from disk x (1 = first)
/C: Simulate [CTRL] pressed (only one drive & more memory)
/Dx: Delay disk operations (0..255)
/F: No memory mapper support
(faster disk operations)
/M: Use Music Module as MSX Audio
/N: No screen change (keep palette)
/R: Make next images read-only
/W: Make next images writable
/Zx: Set CPU mode (turboR only)
0: No change (default)
1: Z80 (ROM)
2: R800 ROM
3: R800 DRAM
<disk_image> is a disk image(s) file. A <disk_image> can contain
several concatenated disk images.
If preceded by '+', <disk_image> will be created on the fly on
first access, as formatted empty 720KB MSX-DOS disk. Only one
'+'<disk_image> is allowed.
Several <disk_image> can be specified, they will be added in order.
Following operations are available on disk access (CAPS led on):
Press one of the following keys during disk access:
-: Select disk 1-9
: Select disk 10
[Shift]+-: Select disk 11-19
[Shift]+: Select disk 20
[R]: Make current disk read-only
[W]: Make current disk writable
Joystick disk selection:
1. Keep (A) or (B) button pressed on a disk access.
2. Press other button x times to select disk x (CAPS will blink)
3. Release both buttons
Most issues are cause by either:
* Not enough memory available. Try the /C option.
* Too fast disk accesses. This can cause graphical glitches or
even game crash. Try the /D option to slow down the disk
accesses. Increase the value until game works.
* Disk is write protected. Some games require the disk to be
write-enabled. Add the /W parameter before <disk_image>.
Even if everything has been done for it, SofaRunIt can't run 100%
of the games, because it's loaded in RAM mapper and not in a real
ROM slot. If the above solutions do not work, your problem might
be caused by games accessing directly the disk ROM instead of
using hooks, or because of your memory configuration (most
of the times when you have multiple RAM slots). Those issues are
usually easy to patch.