MIF is a set of tools to convert images to MSX format.
It consists out of:
- The command line Windows version of the tool: mif.exe.
- The GUI version of the tools, with real-time preview of conversion
- The MSX-DOS viewers: mifview.com (.MIF files) and migview.com (.MIG
- Support for all MSX 1 up to MSX 2+ graphical screen modes.
- Interlaced mode support.
- Real-time preview of parameter changes (using MIFui).
- Error diffusion (dithering).
- Optimized palette generation.
- Control on details level when generating palette ("Details enhancement"
- Horizontal shift to reduce artefacts in screen 2, 10 and 12.
- Optimized RGB to YJKJ conversion, allowing to "reconstruct" SCC images from
- Manual palette optimization.
Description of the files and folders:
- mif.exe: The Win32 command line version of the tool.
- mifui.exe: The GUI tool. Allows real-time preview of parameters
- msxbasic/: This folder contains loader for all types of generated *.SC?
- msxdos/: This folder contains the MSX-DOS viewer mifview.com, along with
- palettes/: This folder contains interesting sample-palettes, in GIMP
- samples/: MIF pictures of Vampire Killer in all screen modes.
Controls in MIFui:
- [Alt]+[Enter] or double-click switches full screen mode.
- [Right], [Down], [Space] or mouse wheel down displays the next image in
- [Left], [Up] or mouse wheel up displays the previous image in current
- Click on the main window to set the pointed color to the custom palette
- Right-click on the main window to set the custom palette current index to
the pointer color.
- [Control]+click on a custom palette color to switch it with previously
To use MIFui as an MSX images viewer only, set the "Convert to" setting to
PNG. You can also look at the tooltips in the "Settings" dialog for more
You can grab it here:
File has been downloaded times.
Please report any issue on the MIF
package bug report thread.